Thursday, December 6, 2012

How to Build a Kaiju-Fighting Giant Robot

Angela Watercutter of Wired highlighted a piece of marketing from  Guillermo Del Toro’s "Pacific Rim". "Pacific Rim is an homage to Kaiju the giant monster movies from Japan. Kaiju are part of the Tokusatsu genre which translates into special effects. Popular franchisees from this genre include Kamen Rider,Godzilla and Super Sentai which is better known to American audiences as its American adaptation "Power Rangers".  I think this is a really cool piece of marketing and I'm excited too see this film. I am found of the Kaiju and Tokusatsu genres. I love the cool visual designs of the monsters as well as the giant robots and the way they look and seeing them animated on the screen.  I enjoy watching Tokusatsu for its visuals and fight choreography.

No comments:

Post a Comment